Early Help Offer
St James’ C of E Junior School Early Help Offer
The overall aim of early help is to support children, young people and families at the earliest possible stage of a problem emerging to prevent them from reaching crisis point and the need for statutory intervention.
The offer of Early Help is an equal opportunity for all members of the St James’ C of E Junior School community
The St James’ C of E Junior School Early Help Offer consists of support to include:
- Four members of staff who have had local authority safeguarding / child protection training
- Special educational needs or disability support from a qualified SENDCo
- Pastoral support from a full time family support worker
- First day calling on absence
- Safeguarding trained staff
- Effective partnerships with external agencies
- PPP parenting courses
- CAF trained pastoral care
- Access to the school nurse
We offer support to you and your child to ensure that you both get the very best from the school by providing support, advice and information on a number of different issues. We can provide a place to discuss any worries you may have, whether those worries are about school or related to something else. We can help you with any issue that is affecting your role as a parent, either related to your child or yourself.
It may be that we can find ways to support you within school, or we may need to look for more specialist help from other agencies. We would be able to advise and assist you on where to get help and be there as a listening ear. We aim to be a supportive partner.
You are welcome to come into school for a chat.